Saturday, August 4, 2012

My daughters, my friends

When your daughters become grown, they become treasured friends.  I feel so blessed to have two beautiful, wonderful, amazing daughters who I love more than words can express.  Annie is visiting from Austin this week.  Emily(left) and Annie(right) and I had a mother daughter outing this morning.  We started with coffee of course.  Then we headed to the farmers market in the old market.  We bought beautiful tomatoes and other fresh produce to make homemade salsa, and a tomato basil tart.  Next we headed to lunch and had time to just chat and catch up.  I love having them to share my heart and dreams with and to hear theirs.  They are as different as two girls can be.  I love who each of them have become and all that they bring to my life and others who know and love them.  I love how much they love each other and I love to hear them reminisce about their childhood and all the memories.  They are both incredible, but I am one biased momma!!!

Annie loves to cook as much as I do and Emily is liking it more and more.  Yesterday Annie and I cooked and baked all morning.  Since Emily now lives in Omaha we are getting to cook together more and more.  Today we dreamed about the day we can travel together to Italy.  When we go, I hope we can take a cooking class or two. 

So today was a best day ever day, and I will cherish the memory of a day with my beautiful daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment