Sunday, November 4, 2012

It was a magical moment

Ty's Dad and his wife Gunn came to Omaha to visit this fall.  Dad and Gunn have been married about 4 years.  Gunn has been a dance instructor for over 50 years.  They met because Dad was taking dance lessons and Gunn was his instructor.  They both love to dance and are beautiful dancers.



While they were in Omaha we decide to take them to a favorite restaurant, Zurlos.  That night there was a live band playing.  The next thing we knew, dad and Gunn got up, walked up to where the band was playing, and began to dance.  Mind you, no one else was dancing that night and there really was no dance floor.  No one was EXPECTED to dance, just enjoy the music during dinner.  Needless to say, all eyes were on them as they began dancing as if they were the only two people in the room.  Their eyes were locked on each other and the smiles never left their faces.



As I sat there watching them I scanned the room and all I can say is something magical settled over the room.  I saw one couple watching them dance and then the wife ( I suppose) leaned over and kissed her husband on the cheek.  Another couple sitting nearby was watching them dance and I heard the wife say, "they remind me of my grandparents, they loved to dance".  It was like romance swept across the room and everyone was infected.  Thats what happens when you encounter those who live life to the fullest.  They are the most "young at heart" senior citizens you would ever meet.  They travel, go to yoga, dance, do cleanses and play rummicube nightly to stay mentally sharp. 

Their life so inspires me to be intensional about not letting my life slip into a rut.

Every day is a gift and we need to live life to the fullest, embracing each moment and squeezing all the life and joy out of it that we can.  I sure needed to be reminded.  They are such a wonderful example of living large.  I wanna be like them when I grow up.  How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment