Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Journey


On a recent road trip with my beautiful and wonderfully talented daughter Annie, we traveled over 1,700 miles together [in two days] in a moving truck. We traversed through 9 different states and one time zone.

 
It became my goal to get the welcome sign for each state we entered and although some are pretty blurry, I accomplished my goal.









 

I would love to have stopped along the way to see some of the sights in each state but for this particular trip, that was not possible.  Our destination was our target, and getting there as quickly as possible was our goal.

Needless to say, I had tons of time to think and reflect as I sat in that truck for two days.  It seems in life I often get my eyes so set on my goal that I fail to enjoy the journey.  I recently read somewhere that, " we must be intentional about enjoying the journey."  The journey comprises most of life and if we are so focused on a goal we will miss so much in everyday life.  I often find myself thinking, once I get this done, or reach this weight, or get through this event, then I will feel great.  When I fall into this trap of thinking, I miss out on the joy that each and every day has to offer.  Like the old saying, “Stop and smell the roses”.  I want to embrace all that each and every day has to offer.  I hope that you will purpose to do the same!!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment