Saturday, January 14, 2012

i celebrate my husband

My hubby Ty just celebrated his 51st birthday this week.  He loves his birthday like no one else I know.  We always celebrate with a dinner party with our kindred spirit friends and eat and laugh together.  It is so important to us to celebrate life as often as we can.  Celebrate our family, celebrate our friends, celebrate our marriage.  Just celebrate.

Ty had a major accomplishment this past year, and I am so very proud of him.  He wrote his first book.  It was several years in coming, starting with the desire to document the journey of starting The Hope Center for Kids. (www.hopecenterforkids.com ) It is a 15-20 year story beginning with God breaking his heart for inner city youth and children.  It has been a wonderful, challenging, exhilerating and sometime heartbreaking journey.  So this past year, "A Thousand Screaming Mules"(www.AThousandScreamingMules.com)  was published.  I am so proud of my husband.  I had no idea how much work it is to write a book.  He labored for months to get it written and then many more months to get it published.  The story of The Hope Center for Kids has been documented and Ty is now officially an author.  He found out through this process that he loves to write and hopes to write more books in the future.  Imagine that, at the age of 50 discovering a whole new passion to pursue.  You go Ty!!!



So today I celebrate my husband, the birthday boy writer.  Can't wait to read his next book!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment