Sunday, January 8, 2012

they have all relaunched

It is official, our nest is once again...empty. Well, Ty and I are still here of course, but the kiddos have all come and gone. I am realizing that the anticipation of them leaving is the hardest part for me. For several days before they go I begin to feel blue and find myself fighting a heavy heart. I start counting the days and then hours when each and every one of them will be gone. I knew our time together would not last forever and now we readjust to it just being Ty and me.  Ty and I do love hanging out together and for that I am so grateful. We will settle back into our daily routine and my connection to our children will consist of phone calls and texts. I have stripped and made their beds, and they are ready and waiting for their warm bodies to return, and so am I, waiting for their return. I do not want to solely live in the "waiting" mode, but a mother's heart is forever filled with a deep connection to the hearts of her children. I think of them throughout the day wondering how their day is going, what they might be struggling with and how I can love them across the miles.  

So... I am left with a wonderful warmth of our time together. Seeing them enjoy each other and hearing about all that has been going on in their lives and hearts. I cannot wait until we will all be together again. The problem is, I have no idea when that will be. I do know however, that Ty and I will be booking a flight to California the minute Emily calls to say her labor has begun. That is a new journey we are so excited to embark on and we cannot wait to enter the ranks of grandparenthood. That I am told is an experience like no other. I can hardly wait. Stay tuned!!!


Tyler leaving for UNL

Turner ready to head to the airport
Saying goodbye to Emily and grandbaby

2 comments:

  1. My mom used to say that after we returned to NH from our visit in WV that she felt so sad and the house was so quiet. I now know what she means. And my kids are not that far away and visit often. And you will love being a grammy!! It is the best job in the world!! I wish for all my friends to be able to experience this wonderful thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the picture of you and Emily makes me cry! And I SO agree with your blog! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete