Saturday, March 17, 2012

What is hiding in your kitchen?

We all have those items in the back of our kitchen cabinets that we rarely use.  That would be my electric knife that I pull out each Thanksgiving to carve our bird.  This year I could not find it anywhere and so I carved that darn bird WITHOUT my electric knife.  A few weeks later I stumbled upon that sucker deep in the recesses of my pantry. 

How about those things in your kitchen cabinets that you have NEVER used? I have had, in my baking cabinet, a pampered chef "accent decorator". I'll bet I have owned it for over five years. So last week I had some gals over for a cooking lesson and my friend Ann suggested we use it for the cupcakes we made. It was so fun to use and make me feel like a real pro.


So...today I made cupcakes for a bridal shower tomorrow.  They look so much better than any cupcakes I have ever made. I made funfetti and the icing was pink, as you can see!!

Don't you just want to bite into this beauty???

Now I am sure you have seen better or even made better yourself but for me this is major progress.  I made two dozen and I will admit, it took me twice as long to ice them and I used twice the icing I usually use.

This would really come in handy in a food fight!!!

I think it was so worth the extra time and icing and I will be using this little gizmo from here on out for all my cupcake baking. 







1 comment:

  1. I use mine for deviled eggs and to stuff manicotti shells ... never thought to use it for cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete