Tuesday, May 15, 2012

i want to be like Sabrina

my friend Sabrina that I love!!


This is my friend Sabrina.  We met at the gym about 4 years ago and became fast friends.  She is one of those people that you love the minute you meet her.  Not only is she beautiful on the outside, but she is more beautiful on the inside.  She is always smiling and loves people BIG!!!  Everywhere she goes she interacts with those around her, asking them how they are doing, and she really means it.  Even the voicemail message on her phone can cheer you up. 

Although Sabrina is over 2 decades younger than me, I have learned so much from her.  She takes time for others and genuinely cares how people are.  When she goes to the gym she talks to everyone.  My goal when I go to the gym is to talk to as few people as possible so I can get in and get out.  I am focused on my agenda.  Not Sabrina.  She is never too busy to hear how you are doing and to ask how she can pray for you.

She loves her husband well and and is completely devoted to him and her children.  She is "old school" in a world where so many are out for number one.  She is selfless, compassionate, childlike, and filled with love.  I want to be like Sabrina when I grow up.  Oh, and I almost forgot, she is an amazing worship leader with a voice like no other. 

I attended an intimate lunch today in her honor because.... she and her family are moving next week to Des Moines.  We were laughing at lunch today telling her that we all thought we were her best friend.  That is just how she makes you feel.  I will miss her terribly and there are some gals in Des Moines who are about to meet a wonderful friend.  I am so glad Des Moines is only a little over 2 hours away.  Sabrina and I will be friends for life!!!
Sabrina surrounded by her friends

No comments:

Post a Comment