Thursday, May 24, 2012

my favorite cake


Italian Crème Cake
This is my all time favorite cake.  Even the photo makes me salivate.  I happen to love coconut and nuts, however my husband thinks he does not eat either, but he LOVES this cake.  Promises to be a crowd pleaser.

-1 stick margarine

-1/2 cup Crisco

-2 cups sugar

-2 cups flour

-5 eggs (separated)

-1 teaspoon baking soda

-1 cup buttermilk

-1 teaspoon vanilla

-1 can coconut

-1 cup nuts

Preheat oven to 350 (will bake for 25 mins). Cream margarine and Crisco, add sugar and beat until smooth. Add 1 egg yolk at a time (beat well), stir in vanilla. Sift flour and soda, add gradually. Add buttermilk. Beat well. Add coconut and nuts. Fold in egg whites (they should be beaten in a separate bowl until very stiff). Divide batter into 3 greased and floured cake pans to make a 3-layer cake.


Let cool after baking. Remove from pans and let cool after baking. Next add icing:

-1 8oz. cream cheese

-1lb powdered sugar

-1/2 stick margarine

-1 teaspoon vanilla

*optional* top cake with nuts/coconut flakes


Let me know if you make it and what the reviews are.  ENJOY

2 comments:

  1. Oh Terri! This looks amazing! Now I am drooling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will really be drooling when you take your first bite!

      Delete