Thursday, September 13, 2012

This week Ty and I rode our bikes around lake zorinski.  I love riding bikes a lot.  Ty rides bikes because I love to.  He even bought a bike last year so he could ride with me because he knows how life giving it is for me.  If it were not for me, he would not own a bike.  It is not life giving to him. 

That is what love looks like; doing things that someone you love, loves to do.  We have been intensional about being interested in what each other care about.  Ty loves football.  In the fall he begins to get as excited as a kid at Christmas.  Knowing that the football season is about to launch just makes him plain giddy.  HE LOVES FOOTBALL.  So, sometimes, not always, I sit and watch football with him.  Often I would rather be cooking or riding my bike or shopping, and I do make time to do those things.  This past week I spent a couple of hours ironing and watching a game with him.  Sometimes I will be on my laptop getting caught up on my emails, while he is watching a game. I used to get annoyed that he watched football so much but not so much anymore.  I know it really fills his tank and he can completely get lost in a good game.  I know he needs that escape when life gets stressful.  I am glad he has something that he enjoys so much.  Sometimes when he is chillin on the couch watching a game I will say to him, "Honey, you deserve to relax, I am so glad you are."  It always makes him smile when I say that and I think he even relaxes a little bit more.  And I know... soon we will be going for a bike ride together:)
My man on his bike
Lake Zorinski
the view from our ride

No comments:

Post a Comment