Sunday, December 4, 2011

chrismas decorations done!!

My house has been a huge mess.  It takes me about 4 days to decorate for Christmas and I usually do it the weekend of Thanksgiving. This year our son drove 24 straight hours from California to surprise us.  He brought three friends with him; Anna from New Zealand, Katie from England and Daniel from San Francisco.  We had the most wonderful weekend sharing meals, playing games and sightseeing in our home town.  I love having our house full of "peeps" and really love feeding hungry college students.  They were a grateful bunch and their moans over the food just spurred me on to create the next meal.  So... once they left I began the 4 day endeavor of getting all the Christmas decorations down and creating a huge mess to ultimately create our Christmas wonderland.  Ty, (my hubby), says it looks like Hobby Lobby around here.  I think he meant it to be a compliment.  Each night I go from room to room plugging in our lighted wreaths in each front window, the garland on the mantle, the bannister, our entry way trio of trees, our buffet and on and on; a total of 17 plug ins.  It is so worth it though.  I love love love what the house looks like and even more, love the ambiance it creates for our holiday guests.  I can hardly wait for our children to all arrive home this month and be warmed by the glow that OPPD (Omaha Public Power District) loves me for!!!!

mantle garland


yes a tree on my kitchen counter




Christmas brunch


kitchen window wreaths


No comments:

Post a Comment