Monday, December 5, 2011

a few holiday survival tips

One of my blog followers asked... do you have any tips to survive the holidays with all we have to do?  I thought of three simple and maybe obvious ones:

1.  I try to wrap gifts as I buy them.  I have a wrapping area where I keep everything and at the end of a day of shopping, I wrap and tag them all.

2.  I cook in bulk this time of the year.  I think of things I can make for dinner and do double so I can either freeze for Christmas week or get several meals out of one cooking session.

3.  I try, if at all possible, to have a day weekly that I do not leave the house.  This is not always possible but if I run errands all other days it is AMAZING  what I can get accomplished in a whole day at home... cleaning, cooking and laundry.  I feel like a new woman, on top of my game, after one of these days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment