Wednesday, December 14, 2011

party with a purpose



My friend Joni had a great idea;  invite her friends and neighbors over for a Christmas brunch and ask them to bring a gift for our youth and children at The Hope Center for Kids.  She asked me to come and share about all that is happening at the center and tell of the opportunities to join us in making a difference in the lives of our Hope Center for Kids youth.  It is amazing what a group of single-minded ladies can accomplish.  They asked questions, shared ideas and I left with a bag of toys, financial donations for The Hope Center, and a room full of new friends for HOPE!!

 I also shared how hard this time of the year can be for many among us.  Life can be so challenging at times and I think it helps to know that we are not alone in our struggles.  I challenged them to be on the lookout for those who might cross their path in the days ahead that they could encourage with a surprise gift of money, a word of compassion, or both.  It is truly more blessed to give than recieve.  I was blessed by our time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment