Monday, April 23, 2012

be careful little mouth what you say

Have you ever said something you wish you could unsay?  I know I have. When I took the Gallup Strengths Test I found out that my #1 talent is COMMUNICATION.  That means I like to talk.... a lot.  I have come to realize that words, like the toothpaste, once it is out of the tube you can never reverse the act.  I have hopefully learned a few things with age, and one lesson is to weigh my words before they escape my "big fat trap".  I shared this with a group of moms that I spoke to recently and then shared some proverbs that have helped me consider my words carefully.  They asked me to send them the list of proverbs, so I decided to share them on my blog with you all.

My favorite by far is Proverbs 17:28 Even a fool, when he is silent, is considered wise. (say no more, actually say nothing) I know my mom told me, "if you have nothing nice to say, SAY NOTHING.

Proverbs 10:19 Where there are many words, transgression is unavoidable.

Proverbs 17:27 He who restrains his words has knowledge.

Proverbs 18:7 A fools mouth is his ruin.

Proverbs 13:3 The one who guards his mouth, preserves his life,
                        The one who opens wide his lips come to ruin.

Proverbs 10:11  The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life.

I reflect on these proverbs often.  It seems that I need reminded constantly to "be careful little mouth what you say".   Put this into practice and those closest to you will be glad you did.


No comments:

Post a Comment