Saturday, April 28, 2012

marriage musings

Spoke this week on one of my favorite topics...marriage.  I am so blessed by the gals who come out to learn how to have a healthy marriage.  They are learning that it takes hard work and being very intensional in "seeing to it" that they love and respect their husbands. 

Here are two marriage quotes from our evening together:

"Marriage is the act of two incompatable people learning to become compatible via compassionate compromise."

"Marriage is not intended to fulfill your dreams, (make you happy); It is intended to fulfill God's dream, (make you holy)."

end of quotes

If your goal and your gauge is happiness, you will not make it.  Sorry, I am just saying.

Yes we have an amazing marriage, but we have worked very hard at it.  In my next few posts I will share some of our non-negotiables as it relates to our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment