Friday, April 13, 2012

the power of your love

I am reading a book by Philip Yancy called, "What's so amazing about grace".  In chapter 5, Yancy talks about a theory that sociologists call the 'looking-glass self: You become what the most important person in your life thinks you are.  I so agree with this theory and have alway said a similiar thing when I say that , 'the countenance of a woman is a reflection of how well her husband has loved her."

I am such a woman.  I have been loved well and am grateful beyond words.  My husband has encouraged me to follow my dreams, share my gifts and live life to the fullest.  I want every woman to experience the love I have. 

At the same time, I have tried to love my husband and children in such a way that they will become all that they were intended to be.  The power of love is amazing. It creates an environment where those you love can flourish.  It is right in line with my favorite proverb:

Proverbs 14:1 A wise woman builds her house, but a foolish one tears it down with her own hands. 

26 years of deep love
I am on a mission to help those in my life reach their dreams and follow their passions.  How about you?  Who needs you to love and believe in them in such a way that it propels them into the greatness they were meant to achieve?

1 comment:

  1. Terri, I am so grateful for your example and wisdom. I have seen first hand of how loving my family members well can completely change their path of growth. Although it is not always the easiest thing to do, it is the wisest. You are truly a gift.

    ReplyDelete