Wednesday, February 22, 2012

When I woke up today I felt overwhelmed with gratitude.  On Monday Theo Judah Lanphier was born.  I will be eternally grateful to Emily and Paul for the most amazing gift that has ever been given to me.  They allowed me to be a part of a sacred, intimate day in their lives, the birth of their first born son.  Words could never capture the emotions of that moment.   It was a day that I will remember and reflect on for the rest of my life. 

baby theo
Seeing a new life enter the world is nothing short of a holy experience.  All of life stops and a new life begins.  Add to that the fact that this new life is blood connected to you and the first member of the next generation and you have yourself a once in a lifetime moment.  To see Emily and Paul become parents was awesome.  The looks on their faces was priceless.  They allowed their brother, my son, Turner to witness Theo’s birth as well.  He said it was THE MOST Wonderful day of his life.  He was speechless.  I had to remind him to keep taking pictures, his designated job!!  How can someone so tiny make such a huge impact?  We have entered a new stage of life...the life of grandparenthood.  Every grandparent I know, without exception, has told us it is one of the greatest joys in all of life.  So far I completely agree.


the proud parents

i am in love


2 comments: